Software Quality Engineer
We are seeking a Software Quality Engineer to join the XDimensional Technologies team. This individual will leverage their technical background to ensure quality outcomes are delivered to our customer community. Are you up for the challenge? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring our product meets the established standards of quality, including reliability, usability, and performance, and has what it takes to manage multiple assignments to completion. The Software Quality Engineer will be responsible for interfacing with customers to understand their implementation and support needs from a quality expectation perspective. They will design a quality plan and personally execute quality verification tasks to ensure successful outcomes. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and could maintain focus under pressure, you may be exactly what we are looking for!
As a quality engineer on our team, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong rapport with peers, managers, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have good communication and time management skills, along with strong attention to detail. Specifically, you will:
- Consult directly with customers to understand their quality expectations, working with our internal teams to deliver solutions that align to those expectations
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards and procedures
- Plan, conduct, and monitor testing and inspection of the product and customer-provided requirements to ensure finished product quality
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate internally and customer reported non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in our approach to quality outcomes
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other team members for a best practices approach to ensuring a quality delivery
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools, and processes
- Ensure your assigned deliverables, deadlines, and client expectations are met
- Use appropriate tracking tools to manage work assignments and status
- Stay current on industry and job-related trends and best practices, including reading relevant publications, articles, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
The successful candidate brings:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in quality inspection, auditing or testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of QA
- Solid experience in effective usage of data analysis tools and statistical analysis
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Certifications preferred including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma
- Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry is a plus
- Strong familiarity with software development methodologies and tools; Experience with JIRA, TFS is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs including Access, Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with peers and stakeholders
- A passion for leading with integrity and delivering results
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We are unable to offer visa sponsorship or relocation assistance currently.
Location: CA, CT, or Remote US
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.